Buyer Terms and Conditions
About us and these terms
1) Hi, we're BusyTeacher and welcome! We're happy to have you here and we hope you enjoy your stay. When we say 'we', 'us' or 'BusyTeacher', it's because that's who we are and we own and run the BusyTeacher Store site.
2) BusyTeacher Store is a site where BusyTeacher sells digital items like PDF e-books and e-book bundles that have been created by a team of BusyTeacher authors (E-books).
How buying works
5) Payments for E-books can be made by credit card or Paypal.
6) You are responsible for all costs of currency conversion relating to your transactions. Your financial institution does the currency conversion and may charge you additional fees (we don't control either the conversion rates or your financial institution's fees).
7) Some transactions may also be subject to tax that may be added to the price. See sections 18 and 19 for details about taxes on BusyTeacher E-Books.
8) We offer a 30-day money-back on both individual e-book purchases and e-book bundles.
9) Refunds are not given for individual items within a Bundle. If a refund is given, it will be given for the whole Bundle and, unless otherwise agreed with us, this will mean that the Bundle License is revoked and you no longer have the right to use any items within the Bundle.
10) While we are happy to answer your general questions about the items within a Bundle, we do not offer technical support for any particular items within a Bundle, including support with unpacking the ZIP archive.
What we promise
13) We promise that BusyTeacher E-books will be suitable for the purposes described on the site, that we will administer the site with reasonable skill and care, and that:
a. the items are of acceptable quality and fit for the purpose for which they are 'sold';
b. the items match any descriptions given on the BusyTeacher Store site, as well as any preview demonstration; and
c. we will honour any express promises given to buyers that are not contained in these terms.
11) We also promise that:
the items do not contain viruses or other computer codes, files or programs which are designed to limit or destroy the functionality or other computer software or hardware.
How you can use BusyTeacher E-books
12) When buying BusyTeacher E-books or E-book Bundles, you're purchasing an Individual License, which allows you to use the E-books with your own students and/or classes. You are not allowed to duplicate the materials and share them with other teachers or colleagues, or anybody else, physically or electronically.
Liability and indemnity
a. exclude liability for loss of revenue, loss of profit, loss of goodwill, loss of customers, loss of capital, downtime costs, loss of or damage to reputation, loss connected with any other contract, loss of data, loss of use of data, loss of anticipated savings or benefits, or any indirect, consequential or special loss, damage, cost or expense or other claims for consequential compensation, incurred by or awarded against you in any way connected with BusyTeacher E-books or our agreement with you; and
b. limit our liability in relation to each E-book to an amount equal to the price paid for that E-Book, and you release us from any losses, costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis), expenses, demands or liability that you incur arising out of your use of any E-Book, except to the extent that this would contravene the Canadian Consumer Law or any other applicable consumer protection law or otherwise cause any term of this agreement to be void.
14) Prices and fees are inclusive of transactional taxes where relevant (like sales tax, VAT and GST)
15) You are responsible for paying all other fees and taxes associated with your use of BusyTeacher E-books wherever levied (including withholding tax, if applicable).
16) If you're agreeing to these terms on behalf of someone else (like your employer), then you're promising to us that you have full legal authority to bind that third party.
18) Any notice you send us must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any notice we send to you will be emailed to your the email address you used for your purchase.
19) Although we can change any of our terms at any time we will take reasonable steps to let you know when we do so.
20) You consent to the novation of these terms to another company (like a group company or a business purchaser) in this way:
the other company will assume our rights and obligations under these terms; we'll be released from those rights and obligations; and your new agreement with the other company will be the same as these terms.
21) Words like 'include' and 'including' are not words of limitation and where anything is within our discretion we mean our sole discretion.
22) We control and operate BusyTeacher Store from our offices in Canada. The laws of Ontario, Canada govern these user terms, and you submit to the jurisdiction of the courts there.